DMC3-4: Music/Communication Retrofit System Master (White)
The Model DMC3-4 Music/Communication Retrofit System Master (White) is a full-function intercom and music distribution system designed for retrofit applications in residential use. The master unit can replace older intercom systems that use three-wire or four-wire connections to the room stations. The system supports up to 15 room stations and up to three door speakers. The built-in AM/FM radio tuner allows setting eight AM station presets and eight FM station presets. The backlit liquid crystal display shows the operation mode, audio source, radio frequency, volume setting, and time. With the optional Model DMC1MM iPlay® Dock or Model DMCMP3 CD/MP3 player installed, the display shows the disc number selected and the track number currently playing.
Room stations have pushbuttons that control the system operation. Retrofit room and patio stations connect to the master unit using the installations existing wiring. All room station models can select talk or listen to other room stations, door speakers and the master unit. Each has an intercom volume control. The Model DMC3RS or DMC4RS room stations and DMC3RW or DMC4RW patio stations can select the audio source, control the radio tuner, and set the master music volume.
For access control, the optional Model DRW Door Release Mechanism can be installed and activated from the master unit or room stations. The optional three-note Model MC3 or eight-note Model MC8 chime modules provide a selection of door chime sounds.
For master unit rough in and finish-out components order the Model DMC1H Wall Housing Kit to mount the DMC3-4 master. If the optional Model DMC1MM or DMCMP3 CD/MP3 player is used, order the DMC1HC CD Combination Wall Housing Kit. For the retrofit frames, follow this guide:
- When replacing a master only system with a DMC3-4 master use a Model DMCFM Master Retrofit Mounting Frame.
- When replacing a combination system with a DMC3-4 and DMCMP3 combination system use a Model DMCFC Combination Retrofit Mounting Frame.
- When replacing a master only system with a DMC3-4 and DMCMP3 combination system use a Model DMC1F Combination Mounting Frame. Note: This type of retrofit will require the hole in the wall to be made larger.
- For all retrofit indoor room stations use a Model DMCFR Room Station Retrofit Mounting Frame (available in white, almond, and black).
- For all outdoor or high sun area flush-mount retrofit patio stations use a Model DMCFRW Patio Station Retrofit Mounting Frame
- For all outdoor surface-mount patio stations use a Model DMC1HRWS Surface-mount Rough-in Enclosure
- For NuTone door speaker replacements use Model DMCFD Door Speaker Retrofit Mounting Frame (not required when replacing old style M&S door speakers).
NOTE: All room stations, patio stations, and door speakers must be replaced when installing a DMC3-4 retrofit system.
- White faceplate color
- Retrofit for 3 and 4-wire intercom systems
- Supports up to 15 room stations
- Supports up to 3 door speakers
- 30 Watts (RMS) maximum output power
- Two music source inputs
- Eight AM and eight FM radio station tuner presets
- Remote volume and source control from room stations
- Intercom only and door release features
- Programmable monitor override
- Automatic on/off feature
- Optional three-note and eight-note door chime
- 15.25" W x 5.3125" H