| Home »
Categories » M&S Central Vacuum Systems
How do you remove or install the Teflon bag in my vacuum?
Article Number: 646 | Rating: 4/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM
|All of our vacuum canisters have a Teflon filter bag inside the unit which keeps most of the debris away from the motor. This bag may become clogged with dirt and may need to be removed and cleaned in order to keep your vacuum running efficiently.
In order to remove this bag, please follow these procedures:
(This procedure assumes your unit has the motor on the top and the debris bucket on the bottom. If your unit is different, please consult a local dealer for assistance).
To re-install the Teflon bag, please follow these procedures:
- Remove the debris bucket by unfastening the latches on both sides.
- If you have a unit with a disposable bag, there will be a plastic cone protruding downward from the canister. Remove this cone and set it aside. (Bagless units will not have this cone).
- Look up inside the canister and note exactly where the top of the Teflon bag sits on the side of the canister. When you put the bag back in place, it will be important that you place it back in the same location.
- Run your hand up inside the canister between the Teflon bag and the inside of the can.
- At the top of the bag, you will find a stiff ring that the bag is attached to.
- Grab this ring and push the ring towards the inside, or middle, of the canister.
- As you do so, the ring will collapse and you can remove the bag.
- Take the bag outside and shake it vigorously to remove any dirt or debris.
Please note, if you try to clean your Teflon bag with water, you must allow it to air dry completely ~ usually for at least 48 hours ~ before reinstalling it in your unit. Failure to follow this guideline may result in damage to your vacuum motor.
- Push opposite sides of the ring at the top of the bag together. (It will form a figure "8").
- Holding these two sides together with one hand, insert the bag back up inside the canister.
- Once you have placed the ring where it was when you removed it, let one side go against the inside of the canister.
- Pull the opposite side of the ring across to the other side.
- As you do so, the ring will pop back into shape.
- Ensure the bag is seated in the same place it was before you removed it. If not, you may need to remove and reinstall it to ensure proper operation of your vacuum.
There are no attachments for this article.
Can I replace the cord on my wand?
Viewed 1315 times since Tue, Nov 9, 2010
Can I vacuum saw dust?
Viewed 2046 times since Tue, May 25, 2010
Can I buy wheels for my power brush?
Viewed 1205 times since Tue, Nov 9, 2010
My vacuum won’t turn on.
Viewed 2102 times since Thu, Jul 7, 2011
How can I find a dealer in my area?
Viewed 1661 times since Mon, Mar 7, 2011
Can I use the bag from any manufacturer?
Viewed 1047 times since Tue, May 25, 2010
Can I vacuum liquid?
Viewed 1126 times since Tue, May 25, 2010